SiteMeter

07 March 2011

Robin Pecknold Releases Non-Fleet Foxes Tunes


Fleet Foxes frontman Robin Pecknold took to Twitter today and dropped three new musical treats on us, presumably to tide fans over until the 1 May release of the band's sophomore effort Helplessness Blues (Sub Pop). Pecknold indicates that they were recorded in Los Angeles a couple of weeks ago: "These aren't Fleet Foxes songs, but I didn't know where else to disseminate it. Pretty mellow jams." The first is a contemplative rambler titled "Derwentwater Stones":

"Derwentwater Stones" - Robin Pecknold

The second piece is a collaboration with Grizzly Bear's Ed Droste. It reminds us of the David Crosby compositions from the first CS&N album as well as his initial solo effort If I Could Only Remember My Name . . . :

"I'm Losing Myself" - Robin Pecknold with Ed Droste


The final selection is a beautiful cover of English musician Chris Thompson's "Where Is My Wild Rose," a Gaelic lament that fits right into Pecknold's vocal wheelhouse.

"Where Is My Wild Rose" - Robin Pecknold

If you want to download your own copies, follow Pecknold on Twitter.

No comments:

Post a Comment